Suppose you have the flight with Air India but due to some work you need to make changes in your plan in such case you all must be tensed about how can I change my flight with Air India but the question has a simple answer because the airline provides you with the facility to change your flight date. Still, the airline will charge you for the flight change. If you want to change your flight for free, then in such a case, you need to meet the flight change policy of Air India to avail yourself of the cost flight change option. Staighly going to the procedure of changing the flight is confusing. First, you go through the flight change policy and then towards the methods and steps.
Flight Change Policy of Air India
There is an Air India change flight policy that you must go through to get all the information related to flight changes on Air India.
- If you have changed the flight before 24 hours of booking, then the airline will not charge the flight change fee.
- If you have changed the flight after 24 hours of booking, then in such a case, the airline will charge you with the flight change charges.
- If you have made the booking from any travel agency or third party, in such a case, the airline will not provide any facility to change the flight; you have to contact the same source for the flight change.
- If you change your flight date and the price increases, you must pay the difference between the previous and new flights.
- After changing your flight date, if the price gets reduced, the airline will provide you with the compensation you can use for the next booking.
- Making a flight change depends on the availability of seats on the chosen flight. If it is not vacant, you must choose another date.
Steps to Change a Flight on Air India
You can change your flight on Air India by yourself through the airline’s official website, but for that, you need to follow the steps written below.
- You have to go to the airline’s official website from your browser.
- And then, you have to sign in with your account details and keep in mind that you are signing in with the same account used at the time of booking.
- After that, you have to go to manage my booking option. You must write the ticket reference number and the passenger’s last name there.
- Once you finish it, your ticket will appear on the screen, and open the key.
- And then, there are multiple options available. You have to look to change my flight option and then hit on that.
- After that, you must fill out the traveling details with the new departure date, and once you have completed it, you can click on submit.
- Then you will reach the payment page, make the payment of your flight change, and your new itinerary ticket will show on the screen, save it or take a printout. You can see your new itinerary on the manage my booking option also.
- You can even select your seats from managing my bookings only.
This way, you can change your flight by paying the Air India flight change fee, and if you face any error, you can contact the customer care service for guidance.