Seats are quite important if you are traveling through an airline. Because sitting on a less comfortable seat will ruin your journey experience, JetBlue understands this, so they provide six types of seats and classes to passengers. The airline has seats according to the type of passengers. If you have booked your ticket with basic economy class and now want to upgrade your seat to a higher class but are worried about how to upgrade my seat on JetBlue, then you will be good to know that there are many options available through which you can upgrade your seat.
Process of Upgrading your seat on JetBlue Airways
Upgrade Your Seat through 'Manage trip' - The best method to upgrade your seat is through the "manage booking" feature provided by the airline. You can use this feature anytime and from anywhere. Make sure you consciously follow all the steps mentioned below to upgrade your seat.
- Reach the official website of JetBlue through your device.
- Hit the "manage booking" option available on the top left corner of the page.
- A page will appear where you have to fill in the details, such as the confirmation code and surname of the passenger, and click the continue tab.
- After getting logged in, you can see all the reservation details.
- Select the reservation where you want to make seat upgradation, and press the continue tab.
- Next, a new page will appear where you will find the list of all unoccupied seats.
- Choose the seat from the list which you find perfect for you.
- After selecting the seat, a payment page will appear; complete the payment procedure, and press continue.
- Finally, after completing all the steps, a confirmation message will be sent by the airline to your email id and phone number.
Important seat upgrade policy of JetBlue
If you are planning to make a seat upgrade in JetBlue, then you must learn about the JetBlue seat upgrade policy of the airline. These policies will help you to save some extra bucks from your pocket:
- Now there is no requirement for EMDs for free seats.
- Passengers having Blue, Blue Extra, and Blue Plus tickets will have to pay nothing to the airline to get access to the Economy cabin core seats.
- If you are holding a Basic Blue ticket, then you are eligible to get access to Economy cabin core seats (no-extra Leg Rooms) seats for free. An EMD will be required.
- Passengers will have to pay the seat upgrade fee between $499 to $599 if they upgrade their seat to JetBlue Mint.
- The seat upgrade solely depends upon the availability of seats.
- The airline will upgrade the seat from the lower to the higher class.
The information available above will help you to upgrade your seat in a very convenient and smooth way. If you find raising a seat upgrade through my booking difficult, you can call the airline's helpdesk and ask them to change your seat. Remember, the seat update is subject to availability; you can't force the customer to give you the particular seat. So please select your preferred seat as early as possible or during the booking.