As indicated by the name, Air India is the country's flag carrier and is a full-cost carrier that operates long-haul flights to numerous destinations worldwide. Customers who book their flights with the airline usually raise a query- Is web check-in available for Air India? The answer to this query is yes. Customers can make their check-in with Air India online. They often complete their check-in process online at its website, which is uncomplicated and saves time. If you are intrigued in knowing more about Air India online check-in, you should go through the article carefully.
What is Air India's web check-in time?
The check-in window opens for 2 days, i.e., 48 hours before departure. Customers can make web check-in till 2 hours before the scheduled departure. Hence, you should always remember the Air India web check-in time while completing it online. The rest of the article discusses the step-by-step process of doing so.
How do I make a web check-in for Air India?
So now that you have known about Air India web check-in, you should also know the procedure to do so. The following steps describe the entire process in detail.
- Head to Air India’s website through the link https://www.airindia.com/.
- Hit the ‘Check-in’ tab on the homepage.
- You are supposed to enter your PNR number and last name to reach your flight booking and then click on the check-in button.
- You will move to the seat selection page in the next step. You can skip choosing seats for yourself if you wish so.
- Ultimately, you will receive your boarding pass on your registered email ID.
What are the advantages of web check-in?
People often wonder what benefits web check-in offers. Well, it offers multiple advantages, and the list includes the following.
- Less effort: it enables time-saving and skipping the long queues at the airport check-in counters.
- Choose seats: another advantage it offers is that you can select your desired dest beforehand and avoid any inconvenience later.
- Handy boarding pass: when you make web check-in, you always have your e-boarding pass handy.
- Skip long security queues: some airports have separate security lanes for online check-in. Hence, you can save time and head directly to the boarding gate.
- Have ample time: completing your check-in online gives you ample time to arrive at the airport.
Know more about Air India web check-in.
After knowing the benefits of web check-in, you should also know a few other salient features. Here are a few other significant points to learn about Air India web check-in.
- Air India does not provide a boarding pass in certain cases, such as international flights. Rather, it issues a confirmation slip for those flights.
- The check-in window opens 54 hours before departure for specific flights.
- Some passengers are exceptions. People traveling on codeshare flights cannot make online check-in.
- Passengers with special requirements, such as specially-abled, unaccompanied minors, cannot make their check-in online.
- Passengers do not have to avail of any special registration for web check-in. Anyone with a confirmed Air India flight ticket can go through web check-in.
- A total of 9 passengers can make online check-in at a time as per Air India's check-in policy. Hence, 9 people booked under the same PNR number can go through web check-in simultaneously.