Get a Guide to Know How Long do Alitalia's Refund Take
Alitalia Airlines is one of the major airlines offering various different services to passengers regarding their flight reservations, further cancellations, and refunds. If you are here to get a refund for your flight cancellation, you do not have to be a worry. Refunds can be taken by knowing the terms and conditions as per the policy.
If you are wondering about how long do Alitalia refunds take, so for your information, it takes around 6-7 business days for a refund to get transferred on Alitalia Airlines. The amount of refund will be transferred to the original mode of payment. If you want to know more about the refund, you can read the guide to know all the information.
How to Get a Refund from Alitalia?
- Go to the official website of Alitalia Airlines and log in to the account you have.
- After logging in, you can visit the cancellation section of your account.
- You can choose the flight you wish to cancel in the cancellation section.
- Now click on the “cancel flight” option of that particular flight.
- Once your flight gets canceled, you can immediately apply for a refund by filling out the “Request Refund Form” given at the bottom section.
- Enter your flight ticket reference number and other details of the booking in the form.
- Click on the “submit” option and after that submission, you will get a confirmation mail or a message through the registered phone number shortly.
That is how you can make an Alitalia refund request through online services. Also, before applying for a refund, you must go through the refund policy of the airlines to get more knowledge about your flight refunds. Following are some of the major points that Alitalia's refund policy holds.
Alitalia Refund Policy
- You can get a complete refund for your flight tickets if the flight cancellation is done within 24 hours of the scheduled departure.
- The passengers will not get a complete refund for the flight cancellation if done after 24 hours of the flight ticket purchase.
- Alitalia Airlines refund can take around 6-7 business days to get processed and completed in the original mode of payment.
- Flight refunds can only be provided within an active period and not after your flight ticket purchase expiry period.
- You can get a subsequent flight if the cancellation is done at the airlines' fault. In such a case, you will get compensated in form of a refund.
Get Alitalia's Customer Service
- Go to the official website of Alitalia Airlines and reach the customer support section.
- Dial the toll-free number and follow the IVR instructions.
- Interact with a live service agent of Alitalia Airlines and make your refund request.
So, that is how you can request your flight ticket refund through Alitalia customer service. If you find any trouble regarding the same, you can drop your concern through customer service Email of the airlines and can make any kind of requests or further complaints. Get on a live chat session to get instant information. The customer care support of Alitalia Airlines is just one call away.
People Also Ask on Alitalia
Can I get a refund on my Alitalia flight?
Even though Alitalia ticket sales and flights stopped operating on October 15, 2021, the passengers are still eligible to claim a refund for the canceled flights. Before claiming a refund, the customers need to be well aware of the Alitalia Airlines cancellation and refund policies. For all the flight tickets that are scheduled after the airline stops functioning are also liable to avail of a refund.
Is Alitalia going out of business?
For several years Alitalia suffered from running a profitable business; after facing a financial crisis for multiple years, Alitalia was declared bankrupt. It finally ceased functioning and ended its 74 years old business. Its last scheduled flight flew on October 14, 2021.
What is the new name for Alitalia?
- After offering auctions to many corporations Alitalia was finally overtaken by the Italian government.
- ITA (Italia Trasporto Aereo) replaced Alitalia airlines and started functioning on October 15.
- ITA has successfully purchased both the intellectual property and branding of Alitalia airlines.
Are Alitalia refunds issued?
Yes, Alitalia refunds are issued to its passengers.
You can now claim a refund up to six years from the date of departure, depending on the origin and place of departure. Alitalia is liable to pay you a full refund in case your flight gets delayed or canceled, and you made the booking at least a week before the original date of departure.
Is Air Italy and Alitalia the same airline?
No, Air Italy and Alitalia are two different airlines in Italy.
Air Italy was known to be the second largest airline in Italy after Alitalia. It was a privately owned airline, but in 2020 it ceased all its operation and announced its flights would be served by a third party. Alitalia airlines ceased its operations in 2022 after being bankrupt and overtaken by ITA.
How can I get a human at Alitalia Airlines?
You can reach a live person at Alitalia airlines by choosing the option of live chat. This is one of the most easiest ways to come in contact with a human at any airline, and assistance is available 24/7.
For this, you need to follow the following steps:
1) Visit the Alitalia official site.
2) Click on the contact us option and scroll down until you come across the “Live chat” option.
3) Enter your query in the chat box and tap submits.
4) You will be assigned a representative to solve your issue.
Is ITA honoring Alitalia tickets?
No, ITA is not honoring Alitalia tickets due to European commission conditions set for the ITA airlines.
How can I call Alitalia?
In order to contact a live person at Alitalia Airlines, You need to dial the official phone number (877) 640-4752.
After that, you will be provided to choose the appropriate option from the IVR menu that is mentioned below according to your concern.
- Press 1:For booking-related issues
- Press 2:For luggage-related issues
- Press 3:For cancellation and refund
- Press 4:For special assistance
- Press 5: For pet-related queries
- Press # to request a callback
Can I still fly with Alitalia?
Since Alitalia was overtaken by ITA, you can choose to fly with ITA. It might be possible that ITA will relaunch its flight under the Alitalia name, but nothing has been made official yet from their side.
How long does Alitalia take to refund?
The time is taken by Alitalia Airlines to provide you with the refund generally depends on your mode of payment.
After processing your refund request, if you made a payment online, it will take approximately 7-10 business days, and if you chose the option of offline payment, then time may stretch up to 15-20 business days.
What will happen to my Alitalia tickets?
Alitalia announced its final shutdown & It stopped its flight operation completely from October 14, 2021. It discontinued selling tickets after that date and provided the facility to avail refund for the passengers who possess tickets for the later departure date. So in case, your date of departure is later than the date of service termination you will be given a full refund for your canceled flight.
What will happen to Alitalia miles?
Alitalia points or commonly known as miles, have a duration of 24 months. After that, if they are left inactive, they will expire. You cannot transfer your Alitalia miles to ITA.
Though there are many buyers to whom you can sell your unused Alitalia miles via brokers in the market.
- How Can I Cancel a Flight with Eurowings?
- How Do I Find My Vueling Ticket Number?
- Do I Get a Refund If I Cancel My Emirates Flight?
- How Do I Change My Flight Date on LATAM?
- How can I Cancel My Flight with LATAM?
- How Do I Speak to Someone at LATAM?
- How Do I Talk to Someone at Spirit Airlines?
- How Do I Get Through to Air France?
- How do I Get Through to KLM?
- How do I Contact Air India on Whatsapp?