Want to Get a Refund from Alitalia Airlines? Get to Know All the Details Here
Whether you cancel the flight ticket voluntarily or if the airline cancels your ticket, you can get a refund from the airline anytime. You can get the refund online by visiting the official website and contacting the reservation department.
However, if you are not aware of the refund process, follow the procedure below to get a refund from Alitalia. You can also speak to the customer representative team if you face any issues throughout the process.
Let's check out the process below to get a refund from Alitalia
Get the refund online - To get your refund online, you can follow the step-by-step instructions explained below.
- First, visit the official website of Alitalia using any of the regular browsers.
- You can then go to the flight cancellation button and click on it
- You can then cancel the ticket up to 24 hours before the departure
- Now enter the reservation number and last name of the passengers to get the booking details
- You can select the booking you want to cancel and hit the cancel tab
- Confirm the cancellation by following the instruction on the screen
- After you complete the cancellation process, you can now apply for the refund
- Go to the refund page of the airline and click on the option' request for a refund.'
- There entre the reservation number and last name of the passengers
- You can then submit the form and wait for the airline to confirm if
- The airline reviews your form and initiates the refund in your original payment mode within 7-10 working days
By calling the reservation department - You can also speak to the customer support team of Alitalia to cancel your flight and request a refund.
By Third-party - If you book the flight by a third party, speak to the travel agent directly to cancel the flight and process the refund.
You can use any of the options above to get a refund from the airline. Moreover, you must go through the refund terms and conditions of the airline to avoid any penalty.
Alitalia Airlines Refund Policy
24-hour policy - As per the 24-hour policy of the airline, if you cancel the flight within 24 hours of purchase, you get a full refund irrespective of the refund type.
- The rule applies to the tickets booked seven days or more before the departure.
- After 24 hours, you might have to pay the cancellation fee depending on the fare type, ticket type, etc.
Refundable ticket - If you cancel the flight after 24 hours, you get the refund after deducting the cancellation fee.
Non-refundable ticket - You get a full refund when cancelling a flight within 24 hours; after 24 hours, you are not eligible to get a refund except for the government taxes and administration fee.
- As per the Alitalia Airlines refund policy, If there is a demise of a family member of passengers, you can apply for the refund and request the airline to waive the cancellation fee.
- You are also eligible to get a refund if the airline cancels your flight or delays the flight more than expected.
- You can apply for a refund online and offline by calling customer care.
- The airline processes your refund in 7-10 working days, depending on the original mode of payment.
Once you read the airline's refund policy, you can apply for a refund anytime. However, if you face any issue or trouble, you can call the Alitalia customer service number and speak to the airline for additional information.
- How Much Does It Cost to Change a Flight on Spirit Airlines?
- How Can I Get a Refund from Air France?
- How Do I Speak to a Person at Oman Air?
- Why is Turkish Airlines Expensive?
- Why are Emirates So Expensive?
- Why is American Airlines So Expensive?
- Why are Delta Prices So Expensive?
- How Do I Get a Refund from Vueling?
- How Much Does It Cost to Cancel a Flight United?
- How Do I Get a Refund from Lufthansa?