If you have made a reservation with United Airlines, but something comes up, you are left with no option other than making the change in your flight ticket or canceling your flight ticket. Then opting out to proceed with the change in flight ticket is the more reliable option. But before proceeding with the steps required to be followed to change my United Airlines flight, you need to know the policy related to United Airlines flight change. The airline allows many exceptions on which you can make the change in your flight without paying any additional charges for making the change if the changes were made under the terms and conditions mentioned in the policy.
United Airlines Flight Change Policy
- As per the airlines' 24- hours flexible booking policy, if you make the changes in your flight ticket within 25 hours of the reservation, then no additional charges are required to be paid for the changes. Provided the reservation made at least seven days before the scheduled flight departure.
- If you make the United Airlines change flights after the flexible period, in this case, you are required to pay the charges for making the change as well as the fare difference between your old and new flight.
- You are allowed to make the change in your flight ticket for free if you are more than one day away from the scheduled flight departure. However, this facility is allowed only for flights within the US and international travel that starts from the US. The passengers can claim it if they have booked their flight ticket in United Economy and all premium cabin tickets. You just have to pay the ticket difference to make the booking.
- There will be no charges for making the changes in the award tickets not originating from the US, as long as the changes were made more than 30 days before the flight's scheduled departure.
- If the passengers wish to make the change on the same day the departure was scheduled. In that case, only the Premium or MileagePlus members without the premium can make the changes in their flight within 24 hours from the scheduled departure.
The Process to Make the Change in Flight Ticket with United Airlines
You are required to follow the steps given below if you wish to proceed for United Airlines change my flights online before the scheduled departure date of the flight.
- Get into the airline's official website and get directly to the 'My Trip' section mentioned on the home page.
- You are required to fill out the confirmation number and the passenger's last name and click on the search option to proceed further.
- Once getting onto the flight list, you are required to choose your flight, after which you have to look for the option of 'Change' and make the necessary changes.
- You must mention the details related to the changes you wish to make in your scheduled flight ticket.
- Once the changes are made, get into the payment page and follow the on-screen instruction to make the payment for the charges levy on the change and the fare difference, if applicable on the ticket as per the policy.
- Once the process of making the change is completed, you will receive the confirmation and the rebook flight tickets on your registered email address.
You can also get in touch with the customer care agent to initiate the change process or get help in case of any doubt related to the change operation.
- How do I Change My Flight on Spirit Airlines?
- How do I Book Group Travel Tickets on United airlines?
- How do I Book Group Travel Tickets on Spirit Airlines?
- How do I Get a Refund on United Airlines?
- How do I Upgrade My Seat on United?
- How can I Upgrade My Seat on Spirit?
- What is the cancellation policy for Spirit Airlines?
- How do I Pick My Seat on United?
- How do I Get a Hold of British Airways?
- Is it free in Delta to change flights?