Changing a flight date with Delta airlines is allowed for all those passengers who wish to shift their actual travel date to another due to sudden plan changes. In case you are looking for the answers to how to change my flight date on Delta airlines, then this is the exact right place to get answers. This write-up will briefly guide you on the date change policy and procedure of Delta airlines.
Date Change Policy of Delta Airlines
- Date changes are allowed for all the passengers, but they are subject to availability with Delta airlines.
- All the changes made within the grace period of Delta airlines that is within 24 hours of booking will be changed for free of cost. As per the 24-hour risk-free date change policy of Delta Airlines, passengers can make any changes for free within the grace period.
- A date change fee is applicable on the flight bookings modified after 24 hours of making a reservation with Delta Airlines.
- If your new flight fare is lower than the previous one, the remaining amount will be transferred to the original payment mode.
- No date changes are allowed once the flight has taken off to fly.
- All the changes in your itinerary can be made through the online process by using the official Delta website, or you can connect with the airline's executive for the same.
- The date change fee on your existing reservation depends on certain parameters such as time of change, time left in departure, ticket type, and condition.
- If your new date flight fare is higher than the previous one, you have to pay the remaining value to the airline.
- Passengers have an alternate option to make changes in their flight date by visiting the Delta customer support center at the airport.
In order to waive off the date change, make sure to change the flight date within 24 hours of booking a reservation as per the Delta airlines change date policy and condition. However, if you wish to know about the procedure of the same, then here are the step by step instructions on how you can make changes in your Delta flight through the website:
Steps to Change Delta Airlines Flight Date
- First of all, browse Delta Airlines' official website on your desktop using a reliable web engine.
- Navigate the 'my trips' option from the top panel and click on it. You need to retrieve your booking details, so select the appropriate option from the given options and enter the necessary details to click on the arrow button.
- Your flight information will appear on the following window, so click on the booking that needs to be changed and locate the 'modify booking' option.
- Click on modify button and follow the prompted steps to make the required changes in the itinerary.
- Select your new flight date and reach the payments page to make the final payments.
- Finally, you will receive a ticket confirmation mail on your registered mailing address along with the updated tickets.
- You can now download your new tickets to get boarding passes in the future.
Apart from the process given above in this article, you can contact Delta Airlines customer service and request them for Delta airlines change flight date in your existing itinerary. The customer support executives of Delta Airlines are active around the clock on phone calls, emails, live chat, and social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and youtube.
- How do I Change My Flight on Spirit Airlines?
- How do I Book Group Travel Tickets on United airlines?
- How do I Book Group Travel Tickets on Spirit Airlines?
- How do I Get a Refund on United Airlines?
- How do I Upgrade My Seat on United?
- How can I Upgrade My Seat on Spirit?
- What is the cancellation policy for Spirit Airlines?
- How do I Pick My Seat on United?
- How do I Get a Hold of British Airways?
- Is it free in Delta to change flights?