Often, flyers are required to change their booked flight date as they got important work on the same date or plan delays to another that might be due to health issues. If you have bookings on your preferred airline and do not require it, you must want to know if can we change the date of the flight after booking? So the answer is yes, you can. The date can be changed with different methods on your flight ticket, but some limitations and points should be considered.
Points To Consider For Change Flight Date After Booking
So if you are needed to get a flight ticket on a new date after the booking, the following points should be kept in your mind:
Date changes should be done before the departure of your booked flight. After the departure of the flight, cancel and changes cannot be made.
If you have purchased the flight ticket from a third party, like a travel agency, agent, or a different website, you must consider the same party for the flight date change.
You are required to pay the date change charges at the airline if the changes are made after 24 hours of booking the flight ticket.
No fees will be charged by the airline if you change the date to 24 hours after the time of purchase.
Methods To Change Flight Date After Booking
There are online and offline methods by which flyers will be able to change the flight date as per their preference without spending much time.
You can change your flight date with the airline's official site where you have booked your flight ticket. The airline allows customers to view their itinerary online or modify the itinerary if needed before departure. Follow the quick process to change flight date online after booking:
- Open the official website of the airline on your browser,
- Go to the Manage Trip/Manage Booking option,
- Put the required flight ticket details and search,
- You will get your booked itinerary on the screen,
- Now choose the option of Change Flight,
- Tap the Date Change option underneath,
- Put your required date and search for the available flights,
- Pick a flight to book and pay the amount showing on the screen,
- Afterward, your flight date will be changed, and you will receive a notification on your email or number.
- Flight fares can be increased while changing the date of your flight ticket, and you need to pay the fare difference simultaneously.
You can get assistance from the airline's representative on the call if you wish for the changing flight date. For this, you need to follow the simple instructions:
- Call on the customer service number of the concerned airline,
- Press * and connect with their live representative,
- Tell your requirements and ask to change the date of your flight,
- The representative will tell you if there are any charges for the date change depending on the purchase time,
- Your flight ticket on a new date will be booked by the representative.
With the consequence of the above methods, you will be able to change the date on an already booked flight anytime you require. Pick the method which suits you as per your time and pace.
- How Do I Contact Air New Zealand in Australia?
- How Early can You check-in for a Flight Air New Zealand?
- How Do I Contact Air New Zealand from Canada?
- How Do I Contact Qantas New Zealand?
- How Can I Make a Complaint to Qantas?
- How Do I Talk to a Real Person at JetBlue?
- How Do I Contact JetBlue at JFK?
- How Do I Get Through to Air New Zealand?
- How Do I Get My Call Back from Air New Zealand?
- How Do I Get Through to Qantas?