Can I change my flight date at the last minute?
While booking a flight with any airline, you get the option to reschedule your flight. However, every airline has different timings, and some extra charges also apply. If you have questions like how can I change flight date for free, you have to reschedule your flight within 24 hours of the booking. To get more information about it, read the airline policy.
Flight date change policy of the airlines
Policies are the terms and conditions made by the airline regarding different matters. Here are a few points which you can read to know about the airline policy on flight date change:
- You can reschedule your flight for free if it is done within 24 hours of booking the ticket.
- Some charges will apply if you reschedule your flight after 24 hours of making the reservation.
- Reschedule your flight for free if you have any medical emergency, but you must also provide the relevant documents.
- If due, for any reason, the airline cancels your flight, then they will reschedule your flight for free, but they decide the timing and date.
Ways to change your flight date
After reading the airline policy, you have got the idea about whether can you change your flight 24 hours before the departure. There are two easy ways through which you can change your flight date. Use any of the given methods:
Through the website - The quickest method to reschedule your flight is through the website. Visit the airline website and enter your details, and you will be able to reschedule your flight. If you don't know how to use the website, then use the given instructions:
- Go to the airline's official website or open the mobile app.
- Tap on the "My flights" button from the homepage.
- Type your "PNR or ticket number" and "First and Last name"
- Select the "Reschedule my flight" option from the menu.
- Choose the new flight date as per your choice from the availability.
- Then you have to pay the relevant amount to change your flight as shown on the screen.
- After that, you will get a message on your registered mobile number about the updated flight details.
Through Calling customer service - You can also contact customer service and tell the executive to change your flight date. Many airlines' customer service is available 24/7, so you can contact them any time. Here are the steps to reschedule your flight through the customer service phone number:
- Call on the airline customer service number from your cell phone.
- Choose the preferred language.
- Then you will get through to the IVR options.
- Press the button to speak to the customer service executive.
- Explain your situation and provide the ticket information to the executive.
- After that, the executive will help you reschedule your flight.
If you have read the above information, then you must have known about how can I change my flight date last minute and the airline policies. If you still have queries, visit the airline's official website or contact customer service.
- How can I Get a Refund from EasyJet?
- How do I Get Through to EasyJet?
- How do I Contact Iberia for Lost Luggage?
- How do I Connect to Air France?
- How do I Contact JFK Airport?
- How do I Speak to a KLM Agent?
- Can I Get My Money Back from Vueling?
- Why Does It Take So Long to Speak to a Delta Representative?
- How can I Talk to a Real Person on Frontier?
- How can I Get My Avianca Boarding Pass?